AWARDS AND HONORS
- Professor of Comparative Politics, Universität Salzburg, October 2013.
- Senior Research Associate, GESIS - Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences, The Comparative Study of Electoral Systems (CSES)
- Chair of Comparative Government (visiting professor), University of Mannheim, Lehrstuhl für Politische Wissenschaft III (Comparative Government), September 1 2010 – July 31 2011.
- Ph.D. 2008. Department of Political Science, McGill University (GPA 3.9/4.0)
- M.Sc. 2001.Department of Political Science, Université de Montréal.
- B.Sc. 1999. Department of Political Science, Université de Montréal.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2015. Fonds zur Förderung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung (FWF Austria) and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG Germany). For the project “The Consequences of Electoral System Change in Modern Democracies (With Philipp Harfst) (2015-2017).
- 2014. Fritz Thyssen Stiftung für Wissenschaftsförderung, research grant for the project “The Electoral Sucess of Women across Different Levels of Government.” With Christina Eder.
- 2008-2010. Fond Québécois de Recherche sur la Société et la Culture (FQRSC), Postdoctoral Research Grant, March 2008-February 2010 (64 000 CAD).
- 2008. Doctoral dissertation: Post-communism or Post-colonialism? Soviet Imperial Legacies and Regime Diversity in East Europe and the former USSR. Nominated by McGill University to the “Prix d’Excellence de l’Association des Doyens des Études Supérieures du Québec.”
- 2007. Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD), Research Grant for completion of dissertation, July to December 2007.
- 2006-2007. Leuphana Universität Lüneburg, Germany, Regional Business Fellowship, Awarded by the Center for the Study of Democracy and regional businesses, January 2006-June 2007.
- 2003-2004. McGill University, Social Statistics Summer Training Grant for participation at ICPSR.
- 2002. Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), Doctoral Fellowship, 2002-2005.
- 2001. McGill University, Max Stern Recruitment Fellowship.
- 2001. Université de Montréal, mention of excellence and nomination on the Dean’s list for average kept over 4.0 on 4.3 at the M.sc level, 2001.
- 1999. Université de Montréal, mention of excellence and nomination on the Dean’s list for average kept over 3.7 on 4.3 at the B.sc level, 199
- Austrian Social Science Data Archiv (AuSSDA) Member of Scientific Advisory Board (2017-).
- GESIS - Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences. Member of Scientific Advisory Board (2016-)
- Chair Habilitation Committee (Department of political science) University of Salzburg (2017)
- Chair Habilitation Committee (Department of political science) University of Salzburg (2016-2017)
- Member Curricularkommission (Department of political science) University of Salzburg (2016-)
- Selection Committee: Professorship (Department of history) University of Salzburg (November 2016)
- External Tenure Committee member: University of Miami (2016)
- Representative for the University of Salzburg, PUMA: Plattform für Umfragen, Methoden und empirische Analysen (2015-).
- Selection Committee: Professorship University of Grenoble (May 2015)
- 2013-2014. Section Chair, Gender and Politics, Midwest Political Science Association.
- Reviewer for: Acta Politica, American Political Science Review, British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, Comparative Politics, Comparative Political Studies, Democratization, East European Politics and Societies, European Journal of Political Research, European Political Science Review, European Union Politics, International Political Science Review, International Review of Administrative Sciences, Journal of European Public Policy, the Journal of Politics, Journal of Women, Politics & Policy, Parliamentary Affairs, Politics & Gender, Political Research Quarterly, Political Studies, Public Administration, Swiss Political Science Review, West European Politics, Zeitschrift für Vergleichende Politikwissenschaft.
- 2012. Workshop in Comparative Research Methods: Analysing Cross-National and Multi-level Data in the Social Sciences. ELECDEM Training Network in Electoral Democracy.
- 2009. Multi-level Structural Equation Modeling with Mplus. GESIS - Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences.
- 2004. Regression Analysis III: Advanced Methods. Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- 2004. Bayesian Estimation. Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- 2004. Quantitative Methods in the Study of Russia and Eastern Europe. Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- 2003. Seminar in Longitudinal data Analysis: Event History Analysis. Quebec Inter-University Center for Social Statistics.
- 2003. Regression Analysis II: Linear Models. Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- 2003. Maximum Likelihood Estimation for Generalized Linear Models. Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- 2003. Computing in R. Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, 2003.
- 2003. Seminar in Statistics. McGill University, graduate level seminar, 2003.
- 2002. Regression Analysis I: Introduction. Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
- 2002. Computing in SAS, STATA, SPSS. Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research, 2002.